1. Mascara coated lower lashes can draw attention to under-eye imperfections like dark circles, crow's feet and hyperpigmentation. Instead, make the most of your top lashes by curling them and using a lash primer before layering on black mascara.
2. Long and flat ironed hair parted down the middle only accentuates aging. Instead, try soft, side-swept bangs. The soft fringe of hair falling along the side of your face draws attention to the eyes and helps to camouflage flaws on the face.
3. As we age, our lips tend to lose their plumpness, resulting in lipsticks that no longer stay on where originally applied. Instead of accentuating this with dark lipstick, try a sheer and rosy-colored gloss or a neutral lip plumper for a more youthful look.
4. Using too much powder or foundation can lead to makeup setting into fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Skip the powder and try a good foundation that won’t cake into crevices, like SMASHBOX High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15.
5. Yellow, stained, and uneven teeth can age your smile drastically. For and easy and affordable fix, try Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit.
6. Just as hair becomes thinner with age, so do your eyebrows, so it is important to avoid over-plucking and sparse-looking brows. Invest in a brow kit like NYX Eyebrow Kit with Stencil, which comes with four shades of color, an eyebrow comb, a brow brush and three different eyebrow stencil shapes.
7. Many women apply blush to the apples of their cheeks, not realizing that this can age the look of your skin. Instead, seek out the highest point of your cheekbones to apply blush. Use a sweeping back and forth motion using a wide and fluffy brush. Try a more natural peachy shade like Nars Blush in Orgasm.
Photo courtesy Fox News Magazine