Q: Patti, your garlic cheddar biscuits on Instagram look so delicious, how do you make them?
A: I’m glad you like what you saw. Oddly enough, I actually found the recipe off the back of a Davis Baking Powder. I tried it out one day and immediately fell in love – it’s been my motivation to wake up early on Sundays ever since! Try out the recipe below, and let me know on Instagram with the hashtag #pattispicks if they taste to you as good as they looked.
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Davis Baking Powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine flour, Davis Baking Powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Use two forks to cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- With a fork, add buttermilk and cheese and stir until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Brush melted butter on biscuit tops.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.