Proper hydration is incredibly important for maintaining your body’s internal stability. First things first, how do you know if you’re dehydrated? We know it’s weird, but look at your urine. If you’re properly hydrated, your urine will be a very pale color. If not, your urine will appear to be the color of apple juice, so drink up.
Next up, what should we drink to hydrate? WATER. Sports drinks consumed up to an hour and a half after exercise can be beneficial, but drinking sports drinks when no exercise has been performed can result in weight gain.
Here are some tips to stay hydrated:
1. Fruits and vegetables are filled with water! Eat these daily to improve hydration.
2. Always carry a large bottle of water with you to remind you to drink!
3. Have a glass of water before each meal.
4. Drinking your daily amount of water (approximately 8 cups a day) burns 200 calories!
5. Add lemon or lime to enhance flavor without adding unnecessary calories.
6. Coconut water is also a great alternative.
Good luck and stay cool!
Photo courtesy of Run With Jess