Meet Chelsea, an instructor from Pilates on 66th (Patti’s favorite spot!) This week she demonstrated the Neck Roll which strengthens the Powerhouse and stretches the neck.
- Begin lying flat on your stomach with hands just outside the shoulders.
- Press your body off the mat, keeping the legs on the mat and heels squeezing together.
- While holding this position, turn your head to the right, down to the floor, and then to the left to complete a circle.
- Repeat this starting the head turn to the left.
- After you have circled your head in both directions, slowly lower yourself down to the mat to the starting position.