Depending on how you wash your face, your cleansing habits may be causing dry skin, irritation and breakouts. Here are some top dermatologist approved tips for face washing:
- Use a gentle cleanser. Cleansing should remove dirt, germs and excess oil, but anything too harsh will strip away moisture and irritate healthy cells. Our Reviving Cleanser is gentle and sulfate free!
- Make sure you wash away makeup, sunscreen and sweat, but don’t overdo the cleansing. Washing your face more than 1 to 2 times a day can actually cause your skin to produce more oil and breakouts.
- Stick to lukewarm water. Water that is too hot can overly dry out your skin.
- If you must exfoliate, don’t overdo it. Once or twice a week max. If you use Restorsea daily, you might skip additional exfoliation as our unique enzyme gently exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Use a clean cloth to pat yourself dry… but not too dry. Leaving some droplets on the skin helps seal in the moisture when applying moisturizer.
- Be gentle to your eyes. The skin around this area is highly delicate so make sure not to scrub.
Photo courtesy of Beauty High.