How To Cure Rosacea

Curing Rosacea

I have suffered from rosacea since I was 9 years old. For me, rosacea manifests itself as redness my cheeks. Unfortunately, there is no cure for rosacea and the cause is unknown.

Rosacea is a chronic disorder, rather than a short-term condition, and is often characterized by relapses and remissions. A retrospective study of 48 previously diagnosed rosacea patients found that 52 percent still had active rosacea, with an average ongoing duration of 13 years. The remaining 48 percent had cleared, and the average duration of their rosacea had been nine years. While at present there is no cure for rosacea, its symptoms can usually be controlled with medical therapy and lifestyle modifications. Moreover, studies have shown that rosacea patients who continue therapy for the long term are less likely to experience a recurrence of symptoms (source: National Rosacea Society/www.rosacea.org).

I was able to help control the visible signs by avoiding

1) Sun exposure by wearing sunscreen with a minimum SPF30

2) Heavy exercise, instead opting for Pilates and meditation

3) Alcohol consumption

4) Spicy foods.

Also, it is important to gently wash the face every day, twice a day, morning and evening. Use a mild soap or cleanser that is not grainy or abrasive, and spread it with your fingertips. Next, rinse the face with lukewarm water 30 TIMES and blot dry with a clean towel. Never pull, tug, scratch or treat the face harshly.

Sign up for
our Newsletters

Rejuvenating Day Cream

Rejuvenating Day Cream
Effective at reducing the visible signs of rosacea. “My wife and doctor are with me on this call. We wanted to let you know that my rosacea has cleared. I want to invest!” Errol H., Restorsea Investor and Board Member.

Shop Now