"There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid!"
Sometimes, curly hair can be perfect: bouncy, shiny, and maintainable. But other times, it can get frizzy and become incredibly difficult to manage. To figure out how to tame it, you first should determine if you have fine or coarse curly hair. Then, follow these tips to keep your locks healthy and strong:
- Use protein treatments to strengthen fine strands. Products should include ingredients such as silk amino acids, collagen, keratin, wheat, and soy.
- Detangle hair in sections using your fingertips or a wide tooth comb. Try to comb your hair as little as possible by styling your hair with low-maintenance braids or twists.
- Always air dry your hair.
- Curly hair is the driest hair type. To keep hair moisturized, use leave-in conditioner targeting "dry and damaged hair."
- Your regular shampoo should be gently conditioning your hair with ingredients such as almond and shea butter to help protect your hair.
- Look for oils in the ingredients: olive oil and monoi oil.