What could be better than Blackberry Cobbler? Blackberry Cobbler with ice cream of course! Restaurateur and reality-TV star Lisa Vanderpump has the best recipe for my favorite dessert a la mode Beverly Hills-style, which I follow to a tee.
· 1½ lbs. (4 cups) fresh blackberries (I get mine from the street vendor outside my apt)
· 2 tbsp. sugar
· 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
· 2 tsp. cornstarch
· 1 cup flour
· 1 cup light brown sugar
· 1/8 tsp. salt
· 1 stick cold butter, diced
· 2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Toss blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a bowl, then divide among six 8-oz. ramekins.
3. Whisk together flour, brown sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender or fingers until mixture appears sandy with a few pea-size clumps. Distribute evenly over blackberries.
4. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top each ramekin with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
Photo courtesy of People