A lot of us spend most of our days in the work setting, making skincare one of the last things to remember. It’s important to practice the following procedures to ensure your skin is always taken care of, even when you’re on the clock.
- Keep your workplace clean. Make sure to clean your desk, computer, mouse, and phone at least once a week to prevent contamination.
- Keep proper waste containers in place. Separate bins for food, recycling, and paper can help to eliminate the spreading of germs and bacteria.
- Make sure to wash your hands throughout the day, especially if working with children or sick patients. Keeping hand sanitizer handy is always a good practice for eliminating contamination on the go.
- After you wash your hands, protect your skin with a lotion or a cream for added moisture.
- Wear clean clothes to work, and change into a fresh set of clothing when you return home to avoid clogging your pores with sweat accumulated during the day.
- If you work with chemicals or oils, be sure to wear gloves, aprons and other protective clothing to keep your skin from coming in contact with these substances.
- If you work outdoors, put sunscreen on your skin several times a day. Try Restosea Rejuvenating Day Lotion SPF 30 for protection. In addition, wear sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat and a shirt or jacket with long sleeves to keep covered.
Photo courtesy American Fitness