Despite being delicious to snack on, quinoa is actually a really healthy ingredient to pair with your meals - if only that happened more often!
The tiny seed provides all nine essential amino acids, contains twice the fiber and calcium of most grains, and, most importantly, is a fantastic source of protein (which helps build new collagen and elastin). In other words, it’s great for your skin.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package of frozen vegetables
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- 1 bunch of scallions (chopped)
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil
- Reduce heat to Simmer and add frozen vegetables
- Simmer until all the broth has evaporated (you should just see cooked quinoa and vegetables)
- Place quinoa and vegetables into a large bowl
- Mix in dried cherries, chopped scallions and slivered almonds
- Serve either warm or cold
Photo courtesy of Alterco Foods.