1. Take an Advil approximately one hour before you wax.
2. Numb the area with special creams—not ice!
3. Seek professional help. Waxing at home can be incredibly painful, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing!
4. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Exfoliating can help ease hairs in a better position to be waxed off. Also, it prevents those pesky ingrown hairs that arrive after a wax.
5. Keep waxing! This is especially true of the bikini line. When you shave, the hair gets tougher and more course, therefore making it harder to remove. When you wax, your hair grows in thinner and more manageable, making waxing less painful.
Photo courtesy Getty Images