Looking Your Best for A Big Event
There's nothing more intimidating than knowing you have a big event right around the corner, and worrying that you won't look your best. Whether you're giving an interview on air, speaking in front of a crowd, or sitting for a headshot, there are ways you can prepare for it that might set your mind at ease. While choosing your outfit and preparing your thoughts is one thing, your skin might seem like a huge variable, but it doesn't have to be!
Here are a few things I've found work well when getting ready for a special event:
Aerobic exercise leading up to a big event can give the skin a healthy youthful glow. Don't forget to drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated, and consider a little extra skin pampering ahead of time. I suggest getting a medical facial three days before the event. A medical facial involves just steaming and extractions, but no facial massage. Facial massage can be rough for those with sensitive or oily skin, plus the muscles in the facial area, while strong, should not be subject to that unnecessary manipulation.
For some skin types, a little extra attention to detail might be necessary. Here are my recommendations for day-of skincare and prep for dry and oil skin.For Dry Skin:
- Prepare your skin with day cream and eye cream.
- Use a powder blush.
- Use an eye primer to make sure that your eye shadow sets properly.
- Skip the face powder. It will settle into your skin giving you an older appearance.
- Use facial oil in place of moisturizer. It helps to fight oil with oil; the skin believes it is hydrated and sebum/oil production will be under control. Don’t forget the eye cream.
- Use an oil-free foundation. I use Laura Mercier’s Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
- Apply a cream blush with a natural bristle brush.
- Only use waterproof eye makeup. Those of us with oily skin are “smudgers,” so this helps prevent your eye makeup from running down your face.
- Apply a translucent face powder all over to finish and set your makeup. I like using a big fluffy natural brush to set makeup.
Last but not least, my hairstylist, Donna Wagner always says, “the camera makes your body look really really big and your hair look really really small.” Consider investing in a hair piece to add volume to your hair, for that that little extra lift that leaves you feeling confident.
Sign up for
Rejuvenating Day Cream and Revitalizing Eye Cream Starter Kit
All Restorsea products are free from harmful ingredients such as: pthalates, PEGs, Parabens and Mineral oil